Sunday, January 22, 2006

Picovoli for Sexy Knitters Club KAL


Okay, I thought at first I wouldn't be able to do this knit along since I have a number of projects on tap. Then, as I was trolling through my stash and creative closet, I came across three recycle sweaters that I've been meaning to frog for the yarn. One of them was a failed knitting project in Berroco Cotton Twist. Beautiful concept that went horribly horribly wrong. Why? Well, it makes me look HUGE. That alone is reason to frog in and of itself. However, a second reason made it impossible to look at my FO (finished object ) without cringing. I dorked up the lace pattern. I mean really really screwed the pooch. In that moment, lace knitting became my evil nemesis. The Darth Vadar to my Luke Skywalker. The Lord Voldemort to my Harry Potter. You get the idea. Since then, I've determined I will conquer lace knitting, just maybe not today since this post is about Picovoli. So, I mustered all my strength and grabbed the demon FO and proceeded to frog with great abandon. After all, that yarn was freakin' expensive and I'll be damned if I am going to let it remain in the form of a sweater that frightened me AND made me look like a pastel cow. Thus, the start of Picovoli and my participation in the Sexy Knitters Club Knit Along. I gathered my needles and rewound my yarn with growing anticipation. What if the gauge was way off? What if the yarn wasn't going to work? As the gauge swatch came together, I realized YES! Eureka! I can do it! Here's a picture of my progress. Okay this pic is a hair old since I just am getting past the armholes now but I don't plan on another photo till try on time at just below the bust. I take photos in bulk. I'm very regimented that way. Anyway, I'll keep my progress posted here and on the SKC site. In the meantime, I'll prepare to document my ongoing battle with the evil nemesis lace knitting. I'll be a lace knitter if it's the last thing I do!!!

No comments: