Sunday, February 05, 2006

Picovoli, How do I love thee, let me count the ways...


Ah the joy of a finished object. What began as yarn recycled from a previous knitting disaster has been molded into a really really great shirt that is quite flattering if I do say so myself. This is one of the few things I can see myself knitting more than one of. I'm thinking Luna yarn next go round for a nice color change. Elann.com sells it in a pretty pink color I like. I'm very into pink lately. Picot edging is highly recommended as I see myself having several more goes with the steam setting of my iron for the hem of this. I chose not to do picot with this one because for some reason it seemed intimidating to me. So, in the interest of not overcomplicating my knitting life, I chose the straight edging which, like all good stockinette stitch, is quite adament about its' desire to curl. Okay, I also got overly excited and should have blocked more thoroughly and carefully but I wanted to wear my Picovoli like now. Serves me right for lacking patience! I added length to mine since I happen to prefer a good amount of belly cover. Actually, this accomdated the curl of the hem quite nicely and even the curl didn't look so bad because of that. Grumperina created a real winner with this pattern. It fits like a dream. It knits up fairly quickly and you can even do it while watching TV. I know because that's how I knit it. You seriously do not want to know how up to date I am on The Flavor of Love on VH1. Seriously.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny as I am embarassed to say that Flavor of Love is one of my dirty little secrets! My picovoli is in luna and I love the color but like you, I am having a heck of a time kepping the edges from curling - I love the color of yours.

Anonymous said...

Flavor of Love is a show that I, too, indulge in once in a while. He is just so cooky, I can't stop watching! Your Pico is beautiful and you look so, so happy in it - congratulations! Would you like it to be in the gallery?

knitncycle said...

Glad to know that I'm not the only one watching that show! I'd love to be in the gallery! Thanks for the compliments on the pico ladies!

Anonymous said...

I've added your Pico to the gallery, thanks for letting me! http://www.grumperina.com/gallery.htm.