Monday, January 09, 2006

Why you should never knit to Star Wars

Okay, I've taken the plunge into casting on for multiple projects. This is a very big step for someone who is as OCD as I am. Last night, DH wanted to watch Revenge of the Sith and since no true crime shows were playing that I was jonesing for, I approved his request. As I gamely sat on the couch with needles in hand, I worked on my sock while Annakin was lured to the dark side. Apparently, I was lured to the big dummy side during this time. Eyeballing my work, I thought it looked, well, enormously too big for my foot. Turns out, I kept increasing and knitting without counting my stitches per needle. I should have had 15; I ended up with 22. Yeah, while Annakin and Obeewon battled it out, I frogged back to 15 stitches per needle cursing Sith lords and the dark side the whole way. Next time, I'll be sure to watch what I'm doing instead of what Darth Vader's doing. I have two more projects to cast on for and the I'll list my wip's and provide some pics. Till then, knit on!

No comments: