Thursday, November 02, 2006

Strange days indeed...




It's funny how a day unfolds sometimes. You think everything is going to happen a certain way but instead it all just pans out differently. That's how my days have seemed lately. Nothing has happened how I envisioned it to. Really, it all started out with the fushia ski pants. The boys and I are going on vacation to Finland for the holidays with my sister. She is graciously ordering most of the clothing and footing the bill for the trip. (We haven't seen each other in a few years.) I thought I'd help out by purchasing the ski pants for the boys and I. The boys' pants arrived and all was good. My first pair of pants arrived and fit nicely. Now, here comes the fuschia pants dilemma. You see, el cheapo here ordered the stuff off of ebay because I refuse to pay full price. I saw this pair of fushia pants in my size for sooooo cheap. I figured even with overdyeing I'd still come out on top. I figured. Uh huh. Right. So, the day comes when my pants arrive and I eagerly put them on. The good news is that I didn't have to suck in to zip them up. The bad news is that all I was lacking to make my outfit complete was a Farrah hairdo and some of the shiniest lipgloss this side of the Mason Dixon line. Topping it all off would have been some serious 70's theme music to add that cheesy touch. Can you say snug? I looked like I was in hot pants ready for the disco floor! Oh, don't worry. I'll post a picture. Eventually. I can't quit laughing long enough to focus the stupid camera lens. My dear sister, (seriously, thank you lea!) is kindly ordering me a new pair of ski pants. In black. Only on the condition that I bring and model the fushia hot pants/ski pants. Me, being a cheapo, has agreed to do it. After the arrival of the pants, the kids have been rowdy. The pets have been rowdy and I 've had crazy dreams about the cycle class I teach. The only thing that hasn't been strange has been knitting. I've done a bit here and there. I'm working on a simple sweater, a hat for a friends' daughter, and just lots of other random things. I may never be able to knit up all the yarn I have. Well, I'll just die trying I guess! Till next time, Alicia

2 comments:

mrspao said...

We need photos of the pink hotpants :) Have a great trip to Finland!

Larjmarj said...

The planets are definitely out of whack...my week has been pretty strange too. Bad memories of 80's shiny togs...ewww. What the hell was I thinking?