Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Bed sock, absorba and what's on tap





Okay, so it's been rather hectic here. The kids and I are settling into a routine. Our furry family members, however, have other plans. Last night, or early this morning actually, Chloe the wonderdog woke me up. She did this by pouncing on my bed and trying her level best to get the cat to play with her. He was having none of it and neither was I. I love Chloe but you should know I refer to her as ," My Little Pony". She's just 70 pounds of wiggly doggie love which would be fine if she weren't convinced she was a lap dog. Arggghh! Oliver is steadily assaulting any pair of legs he sees. That little guy is fast! Hopefully, they'll settle down soon enough. In needle news. I finished Tempting II awhile back. It turned out okay but I'm concerned it might grow a bit. Time will tell. From Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, I finished the bed sock. I used Cherry Tree Hill Superwash Merino. I love the silky feel of this yarn. The fact that I can machine wash and dry it is such a bonus! I might be in love with superwash wool. The Absorba Bathmat is finito as well! The ladies at the Mason Dixon KAL are right. It is like wrestling alligators to knit this thing. For my next one, I'll be crocheting it instead. My idea of looming it did not work at all. The cotton was just too inflexible to easily loom knit. I've also finished some other odds and ends that I'll post a bit later. Right now, I'm hard at work on about four different projects. Big time startitis. I need to develop some finishitis. Oh, before I forget, I have to unveil my first original did it all by myself knit top. I think I ended up naming it the classic white shirt revisited. It wasn't complex but I did have to fiddle with the neckline a bit before I got it right. For my next original design, I'm going to use a lovely textured stitch pattern. I'm fiddling around with the design a bit more to get it exactly like I want it. Till next time, Alicia

1 comment:

mrspao said...

Wow! You've been busy!!

Chloe and Oliver sound like they are getting on really well :)