Monday, May 08, 2006
Lilac Orangina off the needles!
Well, I finished my Orangina Saturday and seamed it that night while watching Ultimate Fighter 3. I can't get enough of UFC. Orangina was a surprisingly fast knit and quite satisfying. Not too challenging but not boring either. I chose to do the smallest size since cotton and I have a tenuous relationship. The very first top I did was in cotton and though I picked my actual bust size, it seemed to grow by at least two inches. The end result was a top that was cute for two wears and now is saggy and baggy looking. Picovoli was my first successful cotton knit since then. The only change I would make would be to knit the lace pattern an inch to an inch and a half longer and then begin the ribbing. I like a little more tummy coverage than most blouses offer these days. We'll see how I feel two wearings from now. It might be juuussst right by then. In embroidery news, I demolished one shirt and put a leopard smack dab on my breast on the other. Nothing like leopard boob to spice up your day. Note for the future, placement really is important when you embroider. I was working steadily on the fat bottom bag from Deb Stoller's Happy Hooker, SnB Crochet when I got to thinking it just wasn't looking right. Sure enough, I had messed up and had to frog it completely. I chained again last night and started over. That's what happens when you don't pay attention to detail. Apparently I just kept increasing and increasing. That's what happens when you lose track of your stitch count! On the needles now are many things. Among them a cotton dishcloth knit continental style. Funny, I know it will be quicker to knit that way when I get the hang of it but right now it feels so awkward. Also, I'm still working on the lace shawl and the goal is to complete it by the 15th. I better get cracking on that since my couch paint just came in. The goal is to wrap that up by the weekend. I'm sick to death of the whole couches in transition look. Time for completion already! Oh yeah, the hat on the stuffed horse is another stashalong project. I had a single skein of yarn hanging out and the pattern to go with it. I crocheted it up in one night. Love that!!!