Thursday, April 13, 2006

Car 54 Where are you?!!



Long time; no post. The kids have started ball season and we've had a lot of back to back practices lately. Plus, I've been extremely lazy. Well, not really but sort of. I've started painting the couches and they look nice. That's the good news. The bad news is that I ran out of paint. So, I'm now waiting on three liters to head my way. It's still cheaper than replacing the couches but let me tell you, hell might actually freeze over before I do that again. It looks great ( I think) but boy is it a lot of work!!! In the meantime, I've finished the socks on two circs. Still not digging that method. Call me an old curmudgeon. What can I say! I'm finishing up a crocheted wrap but seeing as how it has just turned scorching hot here I'm wondering why I chose that as a project. Duh!! Mom's coming to visit tonight and I'm ashamed to say the house is a bomb. No one has ever accused me of being the queen of clean but even by my cluttered standards things look bad. No excuses, tomorrow after spin class I'm cleaning up. No knitting or crocheting till I do. And no, self, I don't care that I've not yet even done a gauge swatch for the sexy knitters KAL. No needlework till the house looks presentable. There, I've scolded myself enough for one day. Pictures to come of the couch painting progress and a detailed how I did it if anyone is interested or drunk enough to decide to tackle this project themselves. Hee Hee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog and thanks for it not being trite and sappy - I took your advice and just got back from picking up a bottle of wine ;)

mrspao said...

Hope you managed to stick to your cleaning pledge :)