Thursday, June 21, 2012

Stuttgart, thoughts and such

So, we have been here not quite a week in Germany. It's interesting. I love it but there are key differences here. For the first time in a long time, i felt a sense of culture shock. That feeling hasn't overcome me since my first trip overseas that I could remember as a young woman. We live in the Bad Canstatt area of Stuttgart. Vineyards and trails are nestled in amongst the urban sprawl. It's like having pockets of country amongst the city. The hill we are situated on allows an expansive view of the area. The beauty is incredible. Lush and green are the best descriptors. My frustrations have to do with my own lack of knowledge of the language. My remedy is that I've signed up for a German language class. Negatively, we've had the worst time getting television and internet connected. Customer service in Germany is NOT the same as in the states. Despite the drawbacks of a language barrier and managing with one vehicle, I can see that our time here is going to be fun. My first excursion occurs Monday with a friend. We are taking the kids to the mineral baths in town. I'm really looking forward to it. My apologies for such a disjointed post. It sounds choppier than I intended. My thoughts are scattered with trying to adjust to a new environment. I'll post later and with pictures as I encounter new things. Tschuss!

No comments: